Thursday, February 09, 2006

Beautiful Day (as U2 would have it)

London is a truly beautiful city on days like today. I walked through St James' Park (Pelicans! Psychotic squirrels! Palace!) to Pall Mall for a meeting early this morning.

Then everyone from that meeting had to decamp to a different meeting on Piccadilly, so off we marched through Green Park. 7 grey suits, inevitably glued to their mobile phones & blackberries; me, fluffy purple boa-style scarf streaming in the brisk winter breeze; and a senior female lawyer in a funky Vivienne Westwood style jacket (most adventurous for the Land Of Pinstripe).

It has been a glorious winter sunshiney day that makes me smile every time I look outside. I had to catch a cab back to the office, and we went back along The Mall, down to Parliament Square, along the Embankment (Big Wheel! Hungerford Bridge! Oxo Tower!). It was like a tourist special.

By the by, that man is still camped outside the Houses of Parliament with his anti-war placards. I don't know how long he's been there now. Probably he enjoyed the fact that it was a nice day, too, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home