Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Let that be a lesson

I return, prompted by a faux pas.

A subject of one of my previous posts (hello Nick!) was obviously googling himself (the vanity...) and found the post I wrote about him on this blog many months ago (he's the artistically-haired cambridge conducting prodigy).

I saw him last night for the first time in maybe six months and he said, "I read your blog of the last concert we did together. Where you said the soloist looked like he needed to get laid." Eeek! He was smiling when he said it, but it was still one of those moments of abject horror...

So naturally I had to go back through the archives and see what libel I had committed. The worst thing is that I'm sure that Nick is friends with this soloist, so no doubt my comment was gleefully reported back.

I do hope the poor chap is not litigious.

Perhaps he's got laid by now and might feel less inclined to sue me. But if he hasn't (and is therefore feeling a little tetchy) I unreservedly apologise. Apart from that comment, the rest of the post was reasonably unlibellous, so that's nice.

Anyway, reading through the posts reminded me of how much I enjoy it, even when it gets me into trouble. I get to re-live all my exploits, frequently late at night in the deserted office when I should be finishing off my work. Ah, the tragic pleasures of the city life, eh?

So, what's been going on? Well, I've moved to a fabulous new flat RIGHT BY the office and for the first time in a long while am working pretty modest hours. Which means that I have had a lot more time over for the purposes of FUN! And boy, it has been.

I went to a music weekend earlier in the year and met hundreds of fabulous musical people, and as a result got invited along to play with some new orchestras and things, which is simply wonderful. I've made a new friend who goes to the theatre a lot, so I've managed to see a load of great things I am personally far too disorganised to get tickets for. I've started going to pilates and stopped running (lazy lazy lazy lady - the excuse is not having anywhere to run as I am bang smack city centre) and got rid of the TV. Well, not quite true - I can still watch dvds, so I've joined an impossibly cool dvd library on [london's fashionable] Brick Lane. Course, I look a tad out of place there as I am very far from impossibly cool. But I brazen it out.

Tonight I have an unusual gap in my social calendar. But that's no bad thing: I was out last night (Strauss oboe concerto / Rite of Spring / pub afterwards - hurrah!) and Sunday night (I was playing a concert - Beethoven 1 and whathaveyou / pub afterwards - hurrah!) so what with that and the collapse of capitalism, I'm pretty tired now.

On that note, I really should go home. And here's the best bit: it's 7.10pm now. I'll be unlocking my front door by 7.15pm. God I love Zone 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home