Monday, February 25, 2008

words cannot describe...

...how tasty my perfect* post-run drink is:

  • Half a pint (or so) of milk (any fat level, or soya if you are my brother)
  • A banana (the riper the better)
  • Tablespoon of smooth peanut butter
  • Cocoa powder mixed with a couple of teaspoons of boiling water
  • Maybe some runny honey

Wuzz the ingredients together in a blender (or with a hand-held wuzzer). It will be sweet enough if the banana is good and ripe, or if you use that peanut butter with sugar in (skippy or sun-pat). If not, chuck in a squirt of runny honey.

This is a perfectly nutritionally balanced drink for after a long run. Well, maybe... I've not really looked into this fact, I just kind of base it upon some cockeyed notion that you are supposed to tuck away a bit of protein after you've been running. And I think there might be protein in peanuts and milk. Or maybe not. Please do not disabuse me of this idea, though, as I have no intention of giving up this wondrous nectar even if you tell me it is unhealthy.

*caveat: if you don't like peanut butter, or bananas, or milk for that matter, you may disagree with my definition of perfection. I like all of these things, though. And even more so when they are mixed together.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Author said...

I think if you've been running and burnt off those extra calories that you could maybe pop a chocolate eclair bun into the blender to add a bit of body to that delicious sounding drink!!!! Give it a try and let me know!!!

7:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home