Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Running and chips

I went along to Long Eaton running club last night - one of the girls I am working with in Derby is a regular runner with them.

I arrived late and got changed in lightning quick time, but as I came out of the changing rooms they all took off like rabbits. I was left with no clue as to the route, in the dark, in an unfamiliar town. This meant that fear of getting lost motivated me to stick to the back markers of the running pack and thereby achieve my fastest ever 10k time, shaving a whole minute off my previous best.

Another point of note is that the running club is opposite a legendary (and award-winning) chippie. After this great sporting achievement, it would have been wrong to deny myself really, wouldn't it?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Author said...

Isn't that the whole point of doing the running / exercise thing? When you've worked of a few hundred calories - you can go and fill them back up again. I think chips after running sounds like an excellent plan. I hope you had scraps too!!!

6:34 pm  
Blogger OboeJane said...

ooooh.... scraps....

no, just had mushy peas with it. But amazingly they weren't bright green, they were the proper sludge colour. How cool is that?

7:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home