Friday, February 15, 2008

Yoghurt fountain

Hands up who likes Innocent(TM) Smoothies?

I left one of the yoghurt thickies on my desk at work yesterday, next to my computer. Which blew hot air over it all day from the cooling fan.

This answered a fascinating scientific question: how much pressure can the fermentation process generate in a sealed container?

Answer: Quite a lot - the (now rather smelly) yoghurt blew the lid off the bottle, fountained two foot into the air, liberally coated the underside of the shelf above my desk and sprayed down in an elegant and sticky display all over my laptop, PC, desk, phone, face, hair, chair and brand new coat. Which I was only wearing at my desk cos the room is perishing cold. Oh, the irony! (i.e. the fact that the only source of heat in the room caused the disaster that ruined the coat that was only being worn because the room was so cold - is that ironic? Or just a bummer? I've always been confused by the difference, ever since that song)

(Kids: this experiment was carried out by experts under strictly controlled conditions. Don't try this at home!)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Author said...

Friday not a good day then?

11:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home