Monday, March 05, 2007

Crazy hair

Have had a very busy weekend. I was supposed to be going to Rachel's house in Scotland. But given that I wanted to go at times that did not necessitate the taking lots of annual leave, the airlines were all hoping to part me with really quite intercontinentally substantial sums of money. Plus I would have got in trouble for not being at home to do CHORES for the upcoming trip to Australia. Which starts on Friday. Eek! And I've not done anything in preparation. And I'm at work all week. Oh dear.

So I couldn't go to Rachel's house. This is very sad, as I would like to meet her chickens.

Instead, I...
  • bought holiday stuff at the shops (see CHORES, above). I hate the shops. Particularly in the rain.
  • went to Brentford v. Scunthorpe and watched the mighty Iron win by two goals. Ate a pie. Got rained on a bit.
  • ran 15 miles* (twice round Richmond Park). Got rained on when it finished, but not on the way round. Nobody wrapped me in tin foil at the finish, though. I feel hard done by.
  • went to the shops again to get more holiday stuff. Got comprehensively rained on.
  • attended a housewarming party, but only for 90 minutes as I was by this stage indescribably tired. And had hair like a crazy person.
  • went to bed at about 9pm.

Bizarrely, am not too achy today. Except for between my shoulder-blades. I wonder if the true hell is on its way tomorrow..?

*15 miles = 24 km = more than a half-marathon = indescribable feeling of smugness

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

blimey - 15 miles? no wonder you had crazy hair.

Sorry it didn't work out this weekend. When you get back give me a ring to re-schedule darhhhling.

1:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home