Monday, February 27, 2006

Cat owning: ultimate selfishness?

My dislike of cats increases every year. At this rate, I will wind up as a leather-faced old biddy living in sheltered accommodation leaving out rat poison for all the "beloved companions" and rubbing my arthritic hands in glee.

Last year it was that ugly fat ginger cat that caught a collared dove in my back garden and ripped off its wing without actually killing it. Bleurgh.

And now the spot of spring cleaning I did in the garden last weekend seems to have been the feline equivalent of putting up a "please sh*t here" sign. In BOTH the front and back gardens. Loads of it. How do they do that? Is it one cat with enormous bowel capacity, or did all the neighbourhood mogs get together for a defecation party when I wasn't looking?

At least when I had a dog, it was ME who cleared up his mess. And he didn't jump the fence and do it in other people's gardens.

10 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

oh but they are so cute and fluffy.

1:01 pm  
Blogger OboeJane said...

Grrrrrrr....

9:30 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

Maggie doesn't poo, she's purrrrrrfect. Thats why she's so fat, it just stays in there

5:28 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

To be fair, dogs give off a far more invasive pollution - noise pollution. If I had a pound for every time hour of lost sleep due to barking dogs, I'd be a rich man.

11:42 am  
Blogger Chris said...

It's a shame you can't keep wombles as pets. Wombles are cool, and they clean up their own mess.

11:42 am  
Blogger OboeJane said...

You, sir, appear to be in the grip of some kind of womble mania. Seek help.

1:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elly says: Yep, rat poison fodder. Rach, you're a fine lass, but cats are NOT cute and fluffy. They are merely covered in fur, which is not the same thing, and so are rats and other vermin. Beanie Babies, on the other hand, ARE cute and fluffy, and have the added bonus of not shitting in the Beancounter's finely-tended grounds :o) I've never seen one de-wing so much as a sparrow, either.

7:18 pm  
Blogger OboeJane said...

Noise pollution?? I've never yet been woken in the early hours by the yowling screams of two DOGS fighting.
Where's my airgun?

9:12 am  
Blogger Chris said...

Amount of sleep lost to barking dogs this morning - 40 minutes. Yesterday - 60 minutes. I'll have that air rifle when you're done with it!

10:50 am  
Blogger OboeJane said...

Actually, small yapping dogs can go on the list too. I'll give you that one.

6:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home