Saturday, January 24, 2009

Freebietastic

Busy week this week - and can't stop now as I've got to get to the shops, find a chair from somewhere, visit my reed man, cook lots of food, put away the laundry and generally acquire a state of readiness and zen calm (either that or gin) for the arrival of hundreds of dinner guests...

But in the week I tested the Entertainment / Economy scale to the max, with freebie tickets to a tremendous and electrifying concert at the Barbican on Tuesday, and one free ticket for the theatre (musicians' comps, dahling!  It was the play I recorded some music for) on Thursday.  The play was great, and the music as a whole (which I had never heard more than the tiniest portion of) was amazing* with some incredible tabla playing, apparently done by 'a mate of Dave's who lives in North London'

You should go and see the play, particularly as it is on in a tiny low budget and very cute theatre for actors / directors / composers who are trying to build a CV.  Support the arts!  Put your money where your mouth is!

The Recognition of Sakuntala
Union Theatre, Union Street - nr. Southwark Tube.

*Even the bits I was playing.  Although every time I could hear myself it did distract me from what was happening on stage...  Oh, the vanity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home