Wednesday, December 24, 2008

from the train

A startlingly swift finish in the office (le grand fromage obligingly departed just after lunch) and quicker-than-expected packing means that I am already on the surprisingly empty train bound for Family Central.

Of course, now that I no longer commute, I've got out of the habit of always having a novel in my handbag. This means that I am bookless for the whole of the next hour and fifteen. Hmm. Plus my mobile phone decided to pack in this morning after several years of worthy service, so I am feeling slightly cut adrift. Well, apart from the two Blackberries, that is. And the pristine new phone sitting snug in its box in my suitcase. But apart from those things I'm practically in the dark ages. Nearly.

The charming parentals have formulated the plan-to-end-all-plans for Christmas day. More on that anon should it come to pass.

They are also picking me up from the station, which is helpful as I am burdened with many presents. And my oboe. And laptop. And a bunch of other unnecessary things. This is my first carless Christmas, which didn't occur to me at all when choosing presents. So I've managed to pick at least two that are spectacularly unsuitable for lugging around on trains, being variously heavy, large, fragile or a combination of these things.

Righto. I've successfully killed a proportion of the journey. Time for a bit of looking out of the window. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home