Saturday, December 27, 2008

-Interval-

So far we've had:

- the one with the three comedy oboes. You know the one: it's also got a couple of french horns sounding like they've wandered in midway through a hunt, tantivvying across the rest of the music like they haven't worked out what's going on.

- the one with all the strings. Last time I heard this was at Prussia Cove with the KCO lot, where we had a glorious abundance of bass instruments. So it was done with a fairly regulation quota of fiddles and violas but about seven cellos, a bassoon and a bass. Of the two versions, I have to say I preferred the Prussia Cove one for its humour.

- the flute, violin and demented harpsichordist one. I don't know about two skeletons copulating in a cupboard. This one's more like a frenzied skeleton orgy.

Anyway, the five minute bell has gone, so I must tuck away the rest of my mince pie (nasty) and mulled wine (nice) and hie me to the balcony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home