Friday, January 02, 2009

Elegant juxtaposition

Well, hot on the heels of an evening of Brandenburgs, I spent new year's eve at Horse Meat Disco.  Was there ever a finer juxtaposition of cultural events?  I think not.  

It was a great night, although I'm told that there were fisticuffs in the gents toilets over a missing pot of glitter.  No such trouble in the ladies, although I did get complimented on my outfit by a drag queen while I was in there.  I've yet to decide whether that is a good or bad thing.  

The following night I went to August:  Osage County at the National Theatre.  Fantastic.  It's sold out, but what with all the lurgies flying about there are a good smattering of returns to be had.  I highly recommend it if you can get there before it closes in a couple of weeks.   It's an epic 3h 20m long, but the time just flies by as you become completely engrossed in this crazy disfunctional family gathering.  I absolutely loved it.  

Tomorrow will be interesting: I'm recording some music for a play.   Very exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home