Monday, January 15, 2007

Skirt twizzle

I have just bought a nice new skirt, but have discovered a major problem with it. It twizzles round as I walk along (not in a rapid, comedy-bow-tie way, though: just a slow but inexorable anti-clockwise twist).

This means that even over short distances, the front migrates firstly over to my left leg, then completely round to the back. I've not yet walked far enough to discover whether it will ultimately self-correct and get all the way back to the front.

I can't work out why it does this. In particular, why does it always turn anti-clockwise? I thought at first that it was because I was carrying a heavy bag on one shoulder. But even without the bag it does the same thing. Is there a solution? The skirt has a very obvious front and back, so ignoring it is not the answer.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Author said...

Small safety pin should do it. Pin the waistband to the corresponding place on your shirt. It's maybe because of the bias of the lining. Hope you manage to work it out!!!

9:49 pm  
Blogger OboeJane said...

So practical. I was going to staple it to my bum cheek, but your suggestion seems preferable.

9:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home