Monday, January 01, 2007

The Great Gravy Mystery

For weeks I have been tormented by a most embarrassing problem. It is almost too difficult to confess. I... er.. that is... um... my handbag smells of gravy. There it is. I've said it now. Mock if you dare.

For TWO WEEKS I have been carrying, in every sense, this great bisto-flavoured weight - terror striking my heart that someone would realise that the comforting aroma of oxo was emnating from my arm furniture.

But tonight, when I realised that even my credit cards were starting to get a slightly stocky whiff, I tracked down and sniffed out the source of the sauce. It was not, in case you are getting anxious, an unfortunate lunch spillage. It was a HUGE vitamin pill that I was given whilst suffering an epic hangover before Christmas. The hangover being of dimensions even greater than the pill, I had at the time been unable to consider swallowing it down, so tucked it into a tiny pocket in my bag for safekeeping. And forgot about it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm slightly concerned that you waited 2 weeks before deciding to discover the source of the pong.

Mind you, I had a similar embarrassing handbag odour problem when a bag of Fajita spice I had been carrying around for a month split open, librally sprinkling all and sundry and giving off an horrific smell that took ages to fade. I have now consigned that particular handbag to the bin.

(Don't even ask why it took me a month to decant the fajita spice from my bag to the kitchen cupboard in the first place - the contents of the bottom of my handbag are a mystery to me and things go missing down there on a regular basis.)

4:33 pm  
Blogger OboeJane said...

i had a couple of cursory glances to try and identify the source, but in the absence of a split bag of bisto i was at a bit of a loss until it got strong enough to track down by nose!

4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home