Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Day tripper

So much time has passed, but I have so little to amuse you with. (Is there ever? Let's not discuss that one.)

I spent yesterday in Cornwall on a business trip. Very few people get to use a sentence like that one, I can tell you. I had to fly down on Sunday night, and back this morning (very early, hence the bags under my eyes and the slightly grouchy tone to my typing).

The plane was a cute little propeller one. It has 13 rows of seats (although the 13th row is numbered 14), with four in each row. I've never been in a prop plane before. Did you know that your seat vibrates when the engines get going? Unfortunately, this is in a "numb bum" rather than "massage chair" kind of way. Otherwise they could probably re-brand it and charge extra.

As you may have noticed, the conditions this morning were pretty much storm force. Even once the plane was on the stand, it was shaken about by the wind. It was like a rather nasty caravanning experience (Devon, mobile home, dad giving up smoking, Bo with tonsilitis and SHOCKING weather. Ah, the memories!).

Anyway, I digress. The poor little plane was all over the shop like a demented roller-coaster. Stuff was being flung down the aisle by the turbulence. I sort of enjoyed it (in an odd way) - it didn't feel dangerous (we had a lady pilot - I had total faith in her), but I did nearly heave my breakfast. Concentrating on not throwing up did put a bit of a damper on things.

Anyway, so that was my day. And now I'm very tired, and I haven't even told you about my quest to perfect the Classic Champagne Cocktail over the weekend... [answer: we came close, but there is still room for further practice]

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little intrepid one! Oh how I do wish I could have been with you on that tiny plane, tossed about in the etherial elements. I would have so enjoyed it!

8:03 pm  
Blogger OboeJane said...

You would have HATED it. And it was too early for gin.

8:07 pm  
Blogger The Author said...

You're very brave - I was scared just reading about the 'plane ride!!!

3:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is NEVER to early for gin in the mother/aeroplane scenario. Or brandy. I remember that holiday, sigh! E x

11:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home