Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The three best things about the holiday were:
  1. The bar that served great mojitos while a constant parade of beautiful people, drag queens and muscle boys sauntered past
  2. Celebrating my birthday with a 3 hour lunch at an almost ludicrously attractive beachside restaurant (with an almost ludicrously attractive waiter, come to think of it)
  3. Fried doughnuts for breakfast

The three worst things were:

  1. Given that we were pretty much the only non-Spanish on our beach, my glow-in-the-dark whiteness looked almost cadaverous. Once in the blue blue ocean, I looked like some kind of ship's beacon.
  2. Getting horribly sunburned in a tiny narrow strip where my cream rubbed off around the edge of my cozzie on my right hip. It looks like I've leaned on a barbecue.
  3. Suddenly discovering one night where all the English tourists hang out prior to clubbing. I'll give you a hint - it's not the fab mojito bar.

But can anyone tell me: what is all the fuss about with the clubs? We went to one and although it was ok, I wouldn't rave (ha ha ha) about it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elly says:

Clearly an amateur. Apparently, clubbing in Ibiza is best enjoyed if you follow a few simple rules:

1) Cane 10 straight Mohitos before venturing forth
2) Cane another Mohito on the quarter hour, every quarter hour (by this point, Mohitos can be substitued by anything of a ludicrous hue served in a glass)
3) Dance suggestively with an insurance clerk called Stacey from somewhere like the Wirral (this applies to either sex)
4) Lose your shoes
5) Lose your handbag
6) Lose every single one of the last 10 Mohitos you drank
7) Top up with more ludicrous Ibizan 'cocktails'
8) Wake up some hours later with your face glued by spittle to someone else's limp hotel pillow, with no recollection of how you got there (anad also no purse and no shoes)
9) At a later date, discover you had a tattoo done whilst out of it. It's your name, spelt incorrectly

I don't know, I've only been to Shagaluf, but I'm sure the principles are similar.

2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home