Friday, August 18, 2006

Running out of time

You'll have noticed a lack of posts on running recently...

Despite my best intentions, things have not been going well. Running in Ireland proved a bit tricky since we were always out and about doing things, except when we were taking disco naps (or having excessively hospitable amounts of alcohol forced on us). I did manage a bit of scamperage up a mountain-side, but really it was a poor effort. And since I've been back, well, it just hasn't gone to plan.

I should have gone out last night, but didn't get home until 9.30 and was ravenous and the stomach won (doesn't it always?). So I thought I'd go at lunchtime today (even brought my PE kit and everything), but ended up having to make the numbers up at a client lunch instead. And I can't go tonight because I'm wine-tasting at Vinopolis with people from EC4 orchestra. How delightfully full my life is. And unfortunately, therefore, my stomach too.

My friend Karina, who I am running the Nike 10k with, is delighted by my lack of recent runs, in the same way that watching other people eat cake makes you feel better about your own overindulgence. But I'll do better at the weekend, just you wait and see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home