Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Spitting in the Liffey

No posts for an age and then two in one day? Well, I'm catching up. Firstly on GB's news (see post below) and secondly on my mini-hol in Dublin.

I travelled over with my friend Conor and we stayed with his mum (aww!) who lived up to every expectation of Irish hospitality:

Mrs M: Will you have some more Irish Mist? [honey-flavoured liqueur]
Me: No, I'm fine thanks
Mrs M: Sure you will. I'll just pour you a little.
Me: No, honestly, I've had loads. I can't manage another.
Mrs M: Will I make you one with ice and some cream? Sure she will now, Conor. Hand me her glass.
Me: Thanksh. Thatsh very kind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

The irish really are like that. It's quite unbeliveable.

Glad to hear Glenn is ok.

12:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home