Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Tail of the Cock

Actually, just before I really turn in for the night (see previous post, which I've only just finished writing), I feel compelled to add what will probably (sadly) be the final instalment in the Epic Birthday Month calendar of events before normal service is resumed.

I went out for (birthday!) brunch this morning with Mick & Sarah. Haven't seen them for a while - in fact, I've probably only seen them briefly since the cake/cocktails evening discussed below. We sat out in the sunshine (scorchio, scorchio - have sunburned neck to prove it) and ate fry-ups (hurrah!) while they told me of their recent conversion to the way of the cocktail. (This is a rather big departure for people actually observed drinking Strongbow for pleasure). Apparently, they've got so into making cocktails at home that they've stripped their mint plant bare and have had to resort to purchasing mint from the supermarket. Which reveals the true and troubling extent of their mojito habit. They even discussed at length the comparative merits of rum-based versus gin-based mojitos, and the benefits of shaking your cocktail until the outside of the shaker is frosted.

They also, very thoughtfully, have sought to encourage me in my endless pursuit of alcoholic perfection with the provision of a two-inch-thick tome on cocktail-making, and a pair of the most beautiful cut-glass 8oz martini glasses. Which I intend on christening at the earliest opportunity. What shall it be....? Decisions, decisions...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUN FUN FUN

11:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home