Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Book club

The cultural attache has surpassed himself this time, with attendance at a book club evening.

>>>
Was at a book club last night. I felt a little out of place: 16 people there and they all brought food and wine. I turn up with 6 bottles of Baltika 5 and make the male contingent 1 - yes, on my own. How out of place did I feel?

I made a few comments about the book and quite enjoyed the evening, (maybe this was because there was some decent red wine on offer, the first since I have been here). More of an even mix of sexes for the future I think, or maybe I commited a social faux pas and interupted a Ladies night?

Anyway, it is now 12.20: time for lunch. Will it be plov or iskander, beer or sprite? Decisions, decisions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home