Monday, August 07, 2006

Tashkent calling

Have finally heard from GB, who seems to have landed on his feet in Tashkent...

>>>
My accomodation is, well, what can only be described as superb!!! A permanent guard outside to let me in, leading to a carport, which leads onto my tiny back garden. Up some steps into my hall way, on this floor (as you can gather several floors) there is my kitchen about as big as our lounge and dining area with 2 big upright fridge/freezers and table and 6 chairs, oh yes and a door leading to a small balcony over looking my back garden. Back into the hallway/ reception area takes me into my dining/lounge area, which comprises of tv & video (only Uzbek channels) 3 piece suite and dining table and chairs (seats 8), all without being cramped. Upstairs onto first floor, there are 4 bedrooms, all en suite, and a balcony off the reception area again overlooking my back garden. The top floor has another bedroom, also en suite. Every room has aircon (set to 18!).

OK, back down to the ground floor. There is a floor below, in the basement, which contains my plunge pool and sauna. Although why I need a sauna when it is over 40 degrees? Unfortunately, the pool needs a clean, so whether I get to use it is debatable. As you can gather it is very nice.

Went for a walk round last night to get my bearings and even went for a jog (have you been?). The guard on my house must think I am mad!!

Quiet day today. The full visa service will kick in tomorrow we think, so good day to get settled in. Chance later to get some local currency which is used in the cafes/bars and supermarkets. Only problem being need to carry round fat wads of notes!! £1 is roughly 2000 Sum and the highest denomonation is a 1000 Sum note. No wallets: just huge rolls in pocket!

Staff here seem ok and friendly enough and there is even five a side football played by the other Embassies. Will try to get a game.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

Gosh, it all sounds very exciting for GB! Will give you a call soon to get the full details.

Enjoy life as a single girl while you can ;-)

12:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home