Thursday, May 04, 2006

Another quandry

It's annual appraisal time of year here at Beancount Towers (cue lots of buzzword bingo - being "proactive" and "dynamic" - honestly, if you read my form you'd think I was running the whole show).

This has given me a quandry:
Someone I work for wants to get promoted, but is facing a difficult time. He's asked me to email him some feedback which he can use as evidence as to why he should get promoted. To be honest, I don't enjoy working for him but he's a nice enough person outside of work. What to write?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crikey that's a tough one! Can I please point you in the direction of http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4954856.stm, which in timely fashion is running through some famous ethical dilemmas. Plenty of food for thought there. My opinion: push the fat man off the bridge. It's the best long-term solution ;o) E x

3:48 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

I'm pretty sure you should do the decnt thing and give him a reference. He must have some positive points? focus on those bits and ignore the rest

12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home