Thursday, November 16, 2006

Speed dating

One of my colleagues (male, straight) is going speed dating. In order to attend, he has to fill out his occupation on the application form.

This gives him quite a quandry. Technically speaking, we are all Chartered Accountants - but he felt that this might not enhance his pulling potential (surely not?). But what alternative descriptions are there for what we do?

"Financial consultant" = I fancy myself a bit, and probably bray quite a bit
"Management consultant" = I fancy myself a whole lot, and am probably a tosser who brays even more [particularly if I work for Bain & Co, based upon my limited contact with this sub-species]
"Business Recovery Professional" = I haven't worked out that speed dating is not a marketing event
"Fireman" = I'm hoping we'll both end up naked quite soon

Hmmm...

2 Comments:

Blogger The Author said...

I have totally given up on the whole web dating / speed dating thing!!! Let me know how he gets on....if he doesn't find success give him my e mail address...no no no no........I'm not doing that again!!!!

10:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speed dating is a hoot - he'll have a great time! The best thing is that you only get a couple of minutes with each person and you will NEVER see them again, so you can just have fun with the ones you don't like the look of :o) I told one fella I was the British women's downhill skiing champion, and another one (scuzzy looking) that I was a policewoman working in vice. From the look on his face he clearly believed me. Excellent. I also know of someone who borrowed a Porsche to go speed dating in, presumably so that everyone would think he was a pratt. I should think it worked quite well... Stick with Chartered Accountant. Any woman worth their salt will know that's synonymous with 'large pay packet', so he should be VERY successful. Tee hee. E x

10:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home