Monday, October 09, 2006

Was it worth it?

I did the Nike 10k yesterday. I can't tell you what time I got because apparently my microchip malfunctioned and did not record a time for me. So that was really worth the £25 entry fee, wasn't it?

In a way, it is good that the time was not recorded, since I happen to know that it was somewhere just above "sloth-like" (influenced, no doubt, by the upturn in drinking activity and downturn in running activity that I have experienced recently). But I did run all the way without stopping, so that's something to be grateful for. (My knees don't quite agree, but I think we shall choose to ignore them.)

Second reason to be pleased that my chip was not recognised: the Nike website has video recordings of each person's finish that can be freely accessed by the general public. But not mine. Hurrah and double hurrah! My stumbling sweaty-faced shame remains PRIVATE!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Janie. Very impressive. were you being sponsored?

Hope the week with the makers and shovers (er.............) at the Dept of Health goes well. Little concerned about the fur trim.

Mother

9:31 pm  
Blogger The Author said...

Well done you!!! Shame that your photo won't be posted...every week I read your little missives on your blog - and I have no idea what you look like!!! it's a bit lke having an imaginary friend (and you know how many of those I have!)

5:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home