Friday, November 04, 2005

Quandry

One of the partners at work came in wearing the most beautiful suit yesterday. The jacket neckline was cut in that elegant wide way that I have been seeking for ages, that I know works on me.

"I like that suit" I said, in a not-at-all-sychophantic kind of way.
"Thank you," she said, "I got it in Hobbs the other day"

Dilemma: Do I...?
A: BUY THE SUIT - (it would really suit me!) - and
(i) Not worry about it - she'll not even notice
(ii) Pretend someone bought it for me as a surprise gift - what a coincidence! Goodness me!
(iii) Hide under the table every time she approaches

B: NOT BUY THE SUIT - she's bound to notice, and think I'm some creepy mini-me - and continue to sport inferior suitage.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about, buy the suit and find a new job.... Only way to go I reckon if it's the perfect suit.

12:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, you need to steal a very big digger and use it to ramraid the shop and remove ONLY THOSE SUITS. Then hide one that fits you in a relative's loft for six months and burn all the rest. In the meantime, you've put your colleague squarely in the frame for larceny, causing suspicion that will ultimately result in her dismissal and thereby leaving you free to wear your fabulous suit unhindered, *and* reduced the opportunity for anyone else to buy the same suit.

Don't forget to get rid of the digger though.

Next question?

1:04 pm  
Blogger Rach said...

easy. Option A. And flaunt it. Next time she come in, shout across the office: 'hey, I bought your suit, looks great on me don't you think?'

Anyway, if she's a partner then she's loaded and the suit will be stuffed in the back of her wardrobe by next week. She'll never notice.

3:51 pm  
Blogger Nick said...

buy it

10:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home