Saturday, October 29, 2005

I still don't appear to be any good at this

Orienteering near Chichester, with the blue and yellow-clad Southdowns Orienteers. Usual assortment of wild-eyed, mad-haired people in distressingly tight legwear, including one in strange psychadelic patterned lycra.

Here are my key stats:
  • Number of over-60s that beat me: THREE
  • Slip-slide trouser-muddying experiences: ONE
  • Bramble scratches on legs: ABOUT 50

But the important thing is that I managed to beat Glenn again. This time by a spectacular 15 minutes. Of course, the writing was on the wall for him when I passed him running the wrong way only 2 minutes after the start.

Hey, and I also beat the over-70 who was competing. Take that, Grandpa. Eat my dust.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

I knew you were competitive but please! thats just indecent! Glenn is fair game of course.

1:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just waiting for the excuses to appear for the poor porformance the next day!!! I had to work, but i'm sure revenge would of been mine as i believe that the bean bubble has burst.

5:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like some 'behind the scenes training has been going on'. Otherwise what could be responsible for this dramatic turnaround in ability? Or maybe the ability was always there waiting to be unleashed!

7:06 pm  
Blogger OboeJane said...

I think "dramatic turnaround" is possibly overstating things. After all, I've only beaten 1 70-year old. This hardly makes me Wonderwoman.

1:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home